Friday, October 28, 2016

Gaming on YouTube and the Real Dudz Fryd



You may or may not be aware that this blog has a companion YouTube channel.  I've mentioned it before, put a link in the sidebar and of course the "Dudz Fryd" is there if you missed all of that.

The YouTube channel and this blog are meant to compliment each other and for the most part they do.  Most posts have an associated video and I always link back to the blog from any new YouTube video I post.

Seems like a plan right?

Apparently not....

I promote my blogs and videos in many of the same places but struggle to break 20 views on either one most days.   I'm coming to the realization that nobody really cares about what I have to say about gaming and since my personal fortunes are heading down the crapper I've decided after 5 years to pull back a bit from it.

So does that mean the end of all things DUDZ FRYD???

Hell, no, I was a gamer before this became a part time job and I'll continue to be one so long as I have a computer and an internet connection.

What it does mean is that it's no longer a priority for me to post regular updates to either this blog or the associated YouTube channel.

I'll continue to post articles and videos just not on a regular schedule.

Honestly, I'm just tired of throwing a party nobody comes to.  Thanks to all of you who do drop by but until more of your friends take an interest this we might as well go back to "hobby mode."

The videos below explain the "Hiatus" and a with it a new compilation video I did last night.  

That's a good example of what's happening.  New content will show up periodically but I'm no longer going to lose any sleep if I don't post anything for a few weeks.

We're not dead, we're just on the back burner. 

Thanks!






No comments: