Thursday, August 13, 2015

Path of Exile: Finally my Awakening has happened!



So last weekend I was determined to see Act 4.  In my last POE article I lamented on how changes to the core game since the Awakening update had effectively handicapped all my characters.

Life's boring without adversity so with a bit of skill point shuffling, equipment hacking (as in jeweled orbs) and some patience I finally got to Act 4 with my highest level character.  That happened to be my witch: both a good and bad thing.  Good because there was a very real chance she'd finally level up but bad because in cruel mode she's basically a bullet sponge.

With the help of Shotglass I was able to win the Dominus battle in cruel mode but not before losing half a level of experience points.  We continued on to Act 4 and got our feet wet.

Later, I took my most promising character, the Marauder, through Act 3 and then on to Act 4 all on his own.  He was in normal mode and as such things went easier for him.  Long story short he actually finished Act 4 and gained a few levels in the process.

One thing that seemed puzzling was that Act 4 was actually a bit easier for my characters than Act 3 except for the boss battles.  Where my Witch or Ranger might actually be bested by a mob of baddies in Act 4 they were no worse than the challenge of a new character in say, Act 2.

So there it is. I've finally arrived and my opinion is somewhat improved.  Of course I haven't run the witch very far into Act 4's cruel mode yet...

Video evidence below!




No comments: