Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My fish is dead


No, it's not some kind of metaphor or weird urban slang I just made up (although it might be after this). 
In many of my Midagedgamer Reports my little finned friend would curiously watch me as I recorded the weekly video reports.

He was an Angel Fish and while I know he had the attention span of ...well...a fish, he became a constant companion over the past few years.

I'm still convinced he watched TV as he'd always move to the corner of the tank with the best view of my plasma screen when it was on.  If I were in the room he made sure he was out front and would follow my every move.

Did you ever feel like someone was watching you? Chances are in my living room you were and it was my little Angel fish. 

Pets enrich our lives even if it's only in the simplest of ways.  Could it be possible that I'm projecting human qualities on an animal who could only respond to the most basic of stimuli?  Of course, spend enough time with anything and it's bound to happen.

Ever pat the dash of your car when arriving home after a particularly treacherous journey?  How about when you slap your monitor for screwing up your last paragraph in your term paper...
They call that Anthropomorphism by the way...

Whether or not I'm projecting, the fact of the matter is I feel the loss.

I've lost my little writing companion and aquatic overseer.

I'll miss you buddy.









No comments: