Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New Year, new stuff...


Christmas has come and gone and so has the New Year's hangover.  Now we enter into the winter doldrums where the only thing interesting is who'll be playing at the Super Bowl next month and of course getting in some quality time with those holiday deals we got from Origin and Steam.

In my case I was treated to a gift of a Codemasters humble bundle that included such gems as Dirt 3, Grid Autosport and some badly needed Grid 2 DLC.  A welcome addition to my game library to be sure but the next surprise came in the form of GTA 5 and a few days later Call of Duty Advanced Warfare.

I'm not sure what I did to deserve such grand treatment but I'm certainly appreciative even if my hardware wasn't quite able to take full advantage of my fortunate bounty.

That was until I found a brand new GTX 970 under my tree.  
Christmas hasn't been this good to me since I got my first electric train at 7 years old.  

There's been a lot of suffering over the past few years and it's managed to filter down to my gaming.  Streaming has been nearly impossible with a 6 year old Nvidia GTX 260 and video editing wasn't much better.  That meant instead of having fun I spent a lot of time waiting.  Then I'd wait some more and when something finally happened there was always a good chance things would go south.

I deeply appreciate the gifts I've been given and I intend to make full use of them.  That means better videos, more streaming and newer games to talk about.

So I send out a special thanks to Shotglass for making my life a lot easier and to all of you who drop by this blog and my YouTube channel just to see what I'm up to.

Happy New Year!

Now get back to your game!



No comments: