Saturday, March 21, 2015

Twitch Mania!



So I've been busy the past few days.  As you already know, I've set up a TWITCH channel and last night was my first real broadcast and in the process I learned a few things. 

One was that I was more motivated to play.  Strange how the possibility of an audience makes you want to perform...

Another was that even after all my adventures with Video drivers and DDU, Battlefield 4 can still BlueScreen my system.  Battlefield 3 didn't have the same issue...at least this time.

I'm currently using X-split gamecaster (free edition) for broadcasting which limits me to 720P streaming which should be enough.  However, I've noticed that even with a 720P stream and recording that any game resolution lower than that or non-widescreen will put bars on the sides of the video.  I was hoping it would stretch it out but no dice.

I'll probably try a few more streaming suites before I'm done but the goal is the same.  To get the  best stream quality I can without impacting the game.  So far X-split is doing a decent job.

I've got a few videos from last night for you to check out.  As always thanks for stopping by!



No comments: